The way to test it is as follows:
- Take a copy of the SpokesSDKCOMSample
- Take a look at the line of code in SpokesSDKComSample.cpp that reads:
if (SUCCEEDED(hr = sessMgr->Register(_bstr_t("COM Plugin"), &session )))
- Note the text between the double quotes: COM Plugin
- Open the following file:
- In that file modify the value in the DefaultSoftPhone tag to read:
- In Task Manager kill the PlantronicsURE.exe process
- Restart the PlantronicsURE.exe process:
Either: C:\Program Files\Plantronics\PlantronicsURE\PlantronicsURE.exe
Or if you're just working with SDK version: C:\Program Files\Plantronics\Plantronics SDK\PlantronicsURE.exe
- Now compile/run your SpokesSDKCOMSample solution (run it under the debugger)
- Check screen of Calisto 800, it should now permit PC dialling because you've configured Spokes to recognise the COM Plugin session (your SpokesCOMSample solution) as a softphone that it can dial numbers to
- Place a breakpoint in the SpokesCOMSample solution in function CallStateEventHandler, file SpokesEvents.h
- Look out for cout trace lines starting with: SM Event: EventKind (
- Dial a number on Calisto 800
- You should see a CallRequested event, with number dialled
Please confirm if you have a positive result with this test method.
If you have any problems let us know and we'll advise how to address it!
Could you try another test...
Make sure Plantronics Spokes runtime is running (Check Task Manager for PlantronicsURE.exe)
Note: for this test you need to be using the full Spokes from:
- Ensure Calisto 800 is the only Plantronics device connected to the PC
- Install Skype (if not already installed)
- Run Skype and log into Skype.
- Skype should ask if it can connect with PlantronicsURE.exe, allow this.
If required check connection to Spokes in Skype using Tools | Options | Advanced | Manage other programs access to Skype. This dialog should list PlantronicsURE.exe as allowed to use Skype. If it does not try restarting the PlantronicsURE.exe process with Skype running.
- Configure Calisto 800 as the default audio device in Skype - Tools | Options | Audio Settings
- Run Plantronics Control Panel from Start | All Programs | Plantronics | Plantronics Control Panel
- In Plantronics Control Panel select the default softphone to be Skype
Now please verify that the Calisto 800 permits dialling to Skype! (It should no longer say PC (unavailable), but show the Skype connection for PC line, including Skype availability status.
Let me know if that works and then we can proceed to debug the SpokesSDKCOMSample demo.
Could you just check you don't have files here:
If you do, delete them then restart Spokes.
Such files could be inteferring with the versions that ship with Spokes located in: C:\ProgramData\Plantronics\PlantronicsURE
I recommend the following:
1. Turn logging up to Very High in Spokes, follow this process:
2. Kill the PlantronicsURE.exe process
3. Quit and restart Skype.exe
4. Restart the PlantronicsURE.exe process.
5. Go into Plantronics Control Panel and just check Calisto 800 and Skype are set as defaults. Click OK
6. Attempt to test call control features of Calisto 800
7. ZIP and Upload the PlantronicsURE.log.* and PlantronicsCP.log.* log files covering time period of your test to PDC web site, or email them to me. These logs may reveal what the problem is!
Thanks for your answers!
I get it!
I change the Calisto 800 device.I get a new one which PART NUMBER is 83945-01 and DATE CODE is AUG-12.
It can use with Skype successfully.
And I use it with Demo (SpokesSDKComSample ).They can do the interactive operation.
But It also show PC(Unavailable).I do not know whether the demo can use Calisto 800 device for Dialing?
I want to develop the Calisto 800 device with my softphone ,like Skype.My softphone GUI use C++.
What should I do the next?