- Which Operating Systems does the Plantronics SDK work on?
- What programming languages can I use with the Plantronics SDK?
- I downloaded the Plantronics SDK. What now?
- What headsets are compatible with the Plantronics SDK?
- Does the Plantronics SDK support the discontinued device X?
- Help! My wireless device isn't being picked up by the Plantronics SDK.
- My wireless headset events are slow/delayed.
- I need the Hid specifications for device X.
- Which MSIs should I deploy?
- The headset isn't working! Please fix.
The Plantronics SDK is currently available for:
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Mac OS versions 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks) and 10.10 (Yosemite)
Plantronics SDK currently supports the following languages:
- C# (and VB.NET)
- Make sure your device is supported (see above question)
- Make sure your headset is paired to your base or dongle
- Note: if you have paired your headset directly to your host computer without a dongle this is not supported by the Plantronics SDK
- You must unpair and pair with the headset's dongle
It is normal for wireless headsets to take around 1-2 seconds for the link to establish (for example when first answering a call).
A solution to get around this would be to programmatically raise the audio link during an incoming ringing signal so the link is live by the time the user answers. To be able to do this using the native interface you would have to disable audio sensing via IAdvanceSettings interface (AudioSensing = false). This only needs doing once, when you first attach to the device.
To activate the audio link, use IDevice.HostCommand.AudioState = MonoOn and to deactivate the audio link set to MonoOff.
However, if using this approach you might need to play your own PCM ring signal through the headset, because depending on the product the Plantronics "internal" headset ring tone may not be heard once the wireless audio link is established.
Some of our products support a standard Microsoft HID Telephony Page, for example our Blackwire products. However, many of our products use a Plantronics-proprietary HID standard.
We have some information available here about integrating our products using USB HID, follow these links:
The MSIs you should deploy to your customers PC will will depend on which of our 4 APIs you have used.
For full details follow this link: Plantronics SDK Deployment Options
Particularly scroll down to the lower part of this table for a quick guide as to which MSIs to deploy.